I remember all the times I would have sleep-overs at my friend Abi's house and we'd be baking up a storm in the kitchen, spending hours making cookies and cupcakes and even sweets. This is a recipe that was introduced to me by Josie, Abi's mum...and it has become a firm favourite in our household and have often been baked to give as gifts and for bake sales.
So now, I'm sharing it with you guys!
All you need are the following ingredients:
The recipe I have is in ounces but I have converted into grams as well:
6oz/170g Butter or soft margarine
2oz/55g Icing Sugar
A few drops of Vanilla extract
6oz/170g Plain Flour
Preheat your oven to 190°C
1) Cream together the icing sugar and butter using the back of a wooden spoon
until you get a smooth consistency
2) Add the vanilla extract
3) Now add the custard powder and flour
4) Continue to work the flour and custard powder into the creamed mixture,
it may take a little time for it all to come together but keep at it and finish off
by using your hands to finish combining it all.
5) Roll mixture into small balls between palms and place on a greased baking
6) Bake for 10-15 minutes until just golden and then leave on a wire rack to cool
8) EAT! (perfect with a cup of tea)
When I baked these I did double the recipe, so you may not get as many as me if you just do the standard amounts given above. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!