For this recipe you will need:
1 x 10" Non-Stick loose based cake tin or a Springform cake tin
125g Digestive Biscuits
50g Salted Butter
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
250g Cream Cheese
50g Icing Sugar
150ml Double Cream
200g Nutella Spread or Similar chocolate and hazelnut spread
This will make one 10" cheesecake which will be approx 1.5-2" thick
1) Blitz or bash your biscuits until they resemble fine crumbs.
2) Melt the butter over a low heat then mix into the biscuit crumbs.
3) Tip the crumb mix into your cake tin and press firmly to create an even layer. Chill in the fridge.
4) In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla extract until it forms a smooth, lump free consistency.
5) Add to this the Nutella and beat until thoroughly combined.
6) In a separate bowl, whisk the double cream until thick, then add to the Nutella mixture.
7) When all the ingredients are thoroughly combined, pour onto the biscuit base.
8) Top with decorations of your choice. I often top with white chocolate curls but opted for an arty 'doodle' this time round.
9) Chill in the fridge for a few hours or overnight
I made 2 and a bit times the recipe this time, making 2 large and a few individual cheesecakes. All of which were popped straight into the freezer, ready for when we have guests visiting in a week or so.
I just leave them in the tins and freeze them like this. When you take them out, let them defrost for an hour or so then remove the tin and it's ready to be served.